Friday, February 5, 2010

New Miniature

*cough cough ahem* Is this thing still on? I'm going to make a new effort to post regularly. I had been told it was best to keep people interested by posting everyday, which just made me run out of juice really quick. Now we'll see if I can do about once a week.

I just finished making this miniature stone hut. I did a simple box shape because I had meant it to be a quick experiment but it ended taking a long time. The stone looking part is balsa foam I carved and painted. The roof and door/window frames are balsa wood. The grass is stuff called Pot Toppers and is meant to go in the pot of your fake plant. The rest of the plants are real dried plants and moss. The bottom picture has a pencil for size reference.






6 comments:

  1. Finally an update here! Keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really swell. Great light, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it!

    I hate blogs that feel they have to post every day, whether or not they have decent content. That makes me hit "unsubscribe" faster than anything. My favorite blogs are the ones that post once or twice a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome. The carved balsa foam is amazing--it looks real to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking stuff. More sculpture! I like that short film you made once. Maybe film is a good way to take advantage of the new skill?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ben do you have your movie online anywhere? let me know thanks

    ReplyDelete